Description of the organization:
Our client is a part of the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) in Bulgaria. It renders services in the domain of SMEs’ and clusters’ innovation and internationalization support, of the analysis and public policy on innovations and information and communication technologies in the European Union, and of the design and implementation of national and international projects under the EU framework programs, the Cohesion and Structural Funds.
About Enterprise Europe Network
Enterprise Europe Network is a key supporter of small and medium-sized businesses in Europe. EEN manages Europe’s largest database of business opportunities. With the profiles in the database, network experts can help businesses forge international partnerships with excellent growth potential. The Network organizes 70,000 international business meetings every year. Events include:
• Matchmaking and brokerage events where SMEs can meet potential business partners
• Company missions for targeted international meetings with strong business prospects
About the role:
In this role, you will become a part of the EU’s largest support network for innovative SMEs with international ambitions. You will be part of a team working on projects for enhancing SMEs’ potential to innovate, grow, and develop new products, services, and business models, helping them in their transition to more sustainable business models, empowering SMEs by building up their business resilience to future challenges, supporting SMEs to access international markets and business opportunities, providing advice on EU funding instruments and other financial support tools.
Working side-by-side with the Project Director, you will coordinate activities in the Network (EEN) and facilitate project management activities in conformity with project goals and contractual agreements.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop and implement projects on European and global level;
- Mentor and facilitate the SMEs in their strategies to reach international markets;
- Draft project proposals and organize communication and outreach activities (i.e., managing contact databases, partnerships, and institutional cooperation);
- Contribute to the adoption of a new culture, new practices, and new processes in the field of innovation management across SMEs;
- Work with colleagues across the Network to gather insights, develop new business opportunities and innovation roadmaps, and recommend solutions;
- Engage and cooperate with multi-functional teams that are developing innovative ideas, accompany them through the innovation process, from ideation to realization;
- Foster relationships with other parts of the innovation ecosystem (both internal and external), working together on activities aimed at promoting and accelerating innovation;
- Participate in the consortium and project meetings, facilitate communication with stakeholders;
- Create communication materials on projects;
- Research or writing documents that present strategies, outline plans, and summarize accomplishments, including recommendations and reports in the field of R&I;
- Participate in other initiatives and special assignments relating to R&I as required.
- M.Sc. in Economics, Business administration, Project management, European studies, Technical Sciences, or other related
- Experience with project development and coordination, and knowledge of European programs and tendering
- Previous experience in Branch association, NGO, Consultancy in the field of European project management, SMEs, or related
- Professional experience focused on business, innovation management, project management, or technologies will be an asset for the position;
- High level of proficiency in the English language and experience in an English language working environment;
- Enthusiastic team player with the ability to support groups in a consensus-oriented way
- Advanced drafting and communication skills;
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous development to make a positive impact on the SMEs in Bulgaria and the EU.
Innovation and research projects provide an opportunity to help transform SMEs in Bulgaria – to concentrate and circulate talent, to connect business and science through knowledge sharing. Working on those projects is a unique possibility to drive challenging topics, achieve personal growth, support the EEN network, and realize interesting networking activities.
This is a chance to play a key part in a major EU instrument that helps EU businesses in their goal of internationalization and growth.
If you wish to get involved in innovation policy with impact, please apply by sending your CV, Ref.#: 002K