||Senior expert research and analysis (research and innovation eu funding programmes), Sofia
|Кратко описание на фирмата
About the organization:
Our client is a non-profit organization that operates in the areas of research, innovation, IT policy studies, business innovation, knowledge, and technology transfer. It is the premier private Bulgarian research institute in terms of successful involvement in EU-funded projects under the framework programs for research and innovation. The organization is dedicated to its mission to promote innovation in the European economy and facilitate the transfer of new and advanced technologies and know-how; to support cross-border networking and capacity building of businesses, public agencies, and private organizations by using the advances in information and communication technologies.
Purposes of the organization:
- Conducting applied research and analyses that assist the development and implementation of public policies
- Introducing new policy concepts and innovative policy-making tools (e.g. foresight)
- Promoting public policy consensus by bringing together the key actors in government, industry, academia, and civil society
- Building capacity in various professional groups by providing specialized trainings and facilitating the transfer of knowledge and international good practice
- Enhancing the capacity of companies to innovate by providing technology brokering and consulting services
- including ICTs, in strengthening democratic governance, empowering civil society, and developing competitive businesses
For this highly interesting and varied role, we seek individuals with a willingness to develop in a fast-paced and highly professional environment, an affinity with science and research, and an interest in R&I activities in an international setting.
- M.Sc. in Economics, Political Science, Sociology, Technology Studies or a related field, but preferably Ph.D , with 3 - 5 years of research execution and administration experience
- Professional experience focused on research in economics, political science, sociology, technology studies, social policy, or other related fields
- Sciencе & research-based experience and interests
- A background in and broad understanding of research in the scientific field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English: English is the main working language
- Excellent communication skills across cultural and scientific boundaries, showing discretion, diplomacy, and tolerance
- Enthusiastic team player with the ability to support groups in a consensus-oriented way
- Availability to travel occasionally on short trips, normally within the EU once or twice a year
- Ability to work with a cross-functional team in an international environment
- Ability to work independently within the context of objectives set by the organization
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills (drafting proposals, reports, emails, briefs, and so on
- Previous working experience as a researcher at universities or research institutes would be an added advantage
- Prior experience with project execution, preferably in EU-funded projects in the context of H2020 and HE would be especially beneficial
- Knowledge of European funding programs and tendering with a focus on the European Framework Programme for Research (Horizon)
About the role:
Your role will be to participate in the implementation of research projects and deliver support in data collection and processing, desk research, etc. You will develop research methodologies, manage the implementation of research projects, and prepare reports. You will also draft project proposals and organize communication and outreach activities (i.e., managing contact databases, partnerships, and institutional cooperation). You will join research initiatives and support EU actions to promote innovations and science.
The main tasks include:
- Active involvement and participation in research projects and the communication of their results
- Ensuring research, analytical, technical, reporting, and administrative support of EU-funded projects (European Framework Programme for Research, (Horizon) and/or project activities within the project portfolio of the organization
- Follow-up of the progress and the quality of the research and studies in accordance with the highest scientific/academic standards
- Write articles, reports, briefings, etc.
- Monitoring European policies for R&I, summarizing and analyzing data, relevant publications, and studies for further use in research
- Contributing to the promotion of a climate of positive, trusting, and respectful team relations by encouraging communication and information-sharing
- Keeping up-to-date with relevant research developments
What does the organization offer?
- A highly interesting and rewarding job with the possibility to build complex and highly specialized experience in a dynamic international environment
- Excellent prospects for long-term engagement and career growth
- The possibility to work remotely for part of the time after the initial training
- Working on interesting international research projects that will enable you to collaborate with people from all over Europe
- A great chance to participate and contribute to the European research and innovation strategy
- Work with bright and talented teammates, with a drive to achieve in a fast-paced environment
- Strong company culture, focused both on professional excellence and fostering a culture of knowledge sharing, support, and development
- The salary offered will be commensurate with the level of experience and will be discussed individually with the selected candidate
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please send your EROPASS CV to [email protected].